The Council is seeking feedback on its proposed Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2018-2024 (Waste Plan). The proposed Waste Plan will guide all the work the Council does in managing and minimising rubbish and recycling in Hamilton.
The proposed Waste Plan outlines:
- Hamilton’s vision for managing and minimising rubbish and recycling in Hamilton.
- The outcomes we are seeking to achieve in the short and medium term.
- The actions the Council propose to take over the next six years in relation to waste management and minimisation.
- The waste minimisation targets the Council believes Hamilton can achieve through the successful delivery of the Waste Plan.
We all generate rubbish and recycling through our daily activities, at home, when we are at work and when we are out and about.
Hamilton City Council is responsible for promoting effective and efficient waste management and waste reduction practices for the city. How the Council determines this management and these practices depends on you!
We should all have a say in what happens to our rubbish and recycling and the Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (Waste Plan) is the best place to have your input.
We want your views so we can ensure we have the right plan in place for Hamilton for the next six years.
Copies of the Statement of Proposal, proposed Hamilton Waste Management and Minimisation Plan and a feedback form are available:
- have you say online
- at any of the Council’s libraries
- the Council’s Ground Floor reception
- by phoning 07 838 6699 and requesting a copy.